Men’s Tennis plans to play with heart

The spring season is upon the Quinnipiac men’s tennis team and through hard work they hope to go far. In spite of coming off an 0-3 fall season the men are determined to go deep in the North East Conference.
The team is led by seniors Ryan Bean and David Noonan both three year starters. They play four and three singles respectively. Bean is the leader of the team who has consistently improved his level of play each year. He fights for every win. Noonan is a skilled player, but has been hampered by a back injury which effects his serve.
Junior Jeff Gollardo plays one single. He is a big, strong kid, who is constantly improving. Two singles is sophomore Eric Raymundo. He is athletically talented.
Playing five singles is junior Brian Tenehaus. He is the scrapper on the team who is the model work horse. His hard effort makes him the on the court leader.
Sharing time, the six singles are junior Justin Lucht and freshman Fabion Villacas. Sophmore Seth Hanapole, and freshmen Mike Madar, and Tony Conslavoare all pushing to get time at six singles.
Gollardo and Raymundo declared themselves the number one doubles team by winning big matches during the fall season.
Two and three doubles are still being decided by Head Coach Mike Quitko. Prematurely, it is projected to be Noonan and Bean for two doubles, and Tenehaus and Lucht competing at three doubles.
The team has started the season with 6 a.m. practices three days a week.
“We will accomplish our goal to be in the top four with conditioning and heart. Our only weakness is lack of college playing experience, but we make up for it by playing with heart,” said Quitko.