Quinnipiac men’s basketball to host Yale, Long Island, Robert Morris in 2011-12 season

With seven recruits leading a roster overhaul, Quinnipiac’s men’s basketball team will host 13 games at the TD Bank Sports Center in the 2011-12 season, including games against Yale, defending Northeast Conference champion Long Island and conference-rival Robert Morris.

The Bobcats will open play against Fairfield in the Connecticut 6 Classic on Nov. 11 at the Mohegan Sun Arena at 5:30 p.m. Their home opener is against Yale Nov. 15.

Quinnipiac will play the two teams that played in the 2011 NEC Championship game – Long Island and Robert Morris – twice. The Bobcats will host Long Island Jan. 7 and travel to Brooklyn Feb. 18. Quinnipiac will travel to Robert Morris Jan. 12 and host the Colonials, who have eliminated the Bobcats from the conference tournament three years in a row, Feb. 23.

Robert Morris beat Quinnipiac 64-62 in last season’s NEC semifinals and 52-50 in the 2010 conference finals, both at the Bank. The Colonials blew out the Bobcats 75-48 in the 2009 conference semis.

The Bobcats will play Central Connecticut State twice in four days in a home-and-home series during the NEC Rivalry Week in early February.

Notable non-conference opponents the Bobcats will play include Hartford, Vermont, Massachusetts and Boston University.

The full schedule is available on Quinnipiac’s athletics website.

Photo credit: Matt Eisenberg